Training & Training Material Description
A. Design and delivery of training
I deliver training sessions on a variety of topics. The design includes the development of the training sessions and courses and the related training material, such as handbooks for use by trainers and participants.
I apply a learner-centred and learner-activating approach through interactive and analysis- and reflection-inducing methodologies in training.
Selected training courses or training material developed:
- Fostering benefits for all. Outreach and service provision to Jordanian expatriates, JEMPAS / ICMPD Jordan, 2017-2018.
- Learning guide Recognition for Prior Learning, ILO, 2017.
- Course for Forced-Return Monitors, FReM II, ICMPD, 2017.
- Training course for labour inspectors on the identification of trafficking in human beings, JEMPAS / ICMPD, Jordan 2016-2017.
- Learning guide on Youth Employment, Module 4: Measures for improving the employability of youth, ITC-ILO, 2013
B. Delivery of training of trainers and training on project cycle management
To increase sustainability, training courses must be institutionalised within partner structures. This requires building capacities of trainers. I conduct training of trainers (ToTs) to enable them in the delivery of activating trainings, applying different methodologies. As part of the ToT, future trainers prepare and deliver mock-sessions. Subsequent feedback and self-reflection are central cornerstones of ToTs for learning and improving skills for delivery.
Selected ToTs conducted:
- ToT for the training course: Fostering benefits for all. Outreach and service provision to Jordanian expatriates, JEMPAS / ICMPD, January 2018, Amman, Jordan.
- ToT for Forced-Return Monitors, FReM II, ICMPD, November 2017, Valetta, Malta.
- ToT for labour inspectors on Identification of trafficking in human beings, JEMPAS / ICMPD, April 2017, Amman, Jordan.
C. Training on project planning and management
I conduct training on project planning and management (project cycle management – PCM). As part of the training, participants work through the different stages of a project cycle, applying analysis tools and developing a logframe for their project.
Project planning training courses conducted:
- Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution, ASPR in Stadtschlaining (link: http://www.aspr.peacecastle.eu)
- Guest lecturer for seminars at the African Development Studies in Geography, University Bayreuth, 2015, 2016, 2018; Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development HNEE, 2016
- North Korea Education Fund (conducted in Beijing), Brot für die Welt, maramaglobal, 2014
- Sustainable Economic Development Program Afghanistan (conducted in Dubai), GFA Consulting Group / GIZ, 2014
- Ghana Immigration Service. Accra, Ghana, MIEUX, 2012